Pages

6/08/2010

Being Vigilant vs. Obsessed... ??

More and more as my eyes are opened, I see more and more tares, or goats,that I once had seen as Wheat or Sheep or even Under-Sheppard's.

I have been wondering if I am getting obsessed, I mean am I growing more skeptical, or is it really growing in discernment... ?

Today I came across a statistic that affirms my discernment is NOT skepticism. When I say skepticism I am meaning like jumping on a band wagon, or worse, getting excited for gossip.

At any given time, 75% of pastors in America want to quit. 1,500 pastors leave their assignments each month due to moral failure, spiritual burnout or contention within their local congregations. 70% of pastors do not have a close friend with whom they can openly share their struggles.*

*Statistics from Focus on the Family, Fuller Institute of Church Growth and Church Resource Ministries

I read this and it provides a lot of insight to why there are so many so-called Pastors not preaching doctrine. Doctrine can only be exciting if your eyes are opened by God. Doctrine is the Word of God being understood in words, and more than that, it is the defining meaning of what is being said and relayed into an understood meaning.

If the statistic is accurate, 75% want to quit... This just confirms the honest few who I have read interviews on who were current Pastors, Youth Pastors ect... who admitted that did not believe in God anymore. They were afraid to quit and they continue with their “gig” because they could not make that much money out in the work place.

No I am not saying that all of the 75% are that way, but it follows suit that most would in some way or form follow in those steps. And as to why they are ready to defend using any means necessary to get more attendance into their theater, so to speak.

“1,500 pastors leave their assignments each month due to moral failure, spiritual burnout or contention within their local congregations.”

?????????   Spiritual burnout   ?????????????
I cannot find it in Scripture...
Trials, tribulations, low points, but never burnt out to the point of leaving.

And “ 70% of pastors do not have a close friend with whom they can openly share their struggles, correct me if I am wrong, but with big churches and hundreds of people, and an Arminianistic ministry that most refuse to adhere to strong doctrines and theology, I do not see how you could get a Brotherhood so to speak that you can relate to on Christ matters if their Jesus differs from the Jesus you follow.

Again I do not mean to sound UN-sympathetic, but just thorn bushes trying to call themselves figs trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment